Passport Helpline Toll-Free Number
Toll-Free: – 1800-258-1800
Website: – www.passportindia.gov.in
About Indian Passport
The passport is the most important document for travel outside of India. If you have an Indian passport, you can visit any foreign country for business or holiday. It also can use as the identification proofs. When you travel in an overseas country, then your passport is your id card. Within India, the passport is issued by the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India. This government agency is providing Passport to eligible Indian. The agency has more than 93 Passport offices within India and over 162 Indian diplomatic missions located in abroad countries.
You can apply for the passport in two ways – online or offline. Both ways are equally popular among Indian citizens; the online passport applied is taken less time. If your age is 18+, then you can apply for a new passport by following some steps.
- Create your account on the Passport Seva Online Portal (www.passportindia.gov.in).
- Login to the Passport Seva Online Portal with the registered Login Id.
- Fill the Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport forum.
- Submit all the required details.
- After this, Pay the passport fees and schedule an appointment.
Online Payment has been given necessary for appointment booking. You can pay by Credit/Debit Card (MasterCard and Visa), Internet Banking (State Bank of India (SBI) and Associate Banks and Other Banks) and SBI Bank Challan.
- Print Application Receipt
- Visit the Passport office
Important Documents for applying for the new Passport
Address verification – One of the following documents can be submitted.
- Aadhaar card
- Voter card with the present address
- Phone, Electricity and water bill with current address
- Income Tax Assessment order
- Parents’ passport
Age verification – One can submit any of the following documents.
- Birth certificate issued by the municipal authority or any other officer authorized to issue the birth certificate.
- School leaving certificate/ Secondary school leaving certificate.